Friday, July 5, 2013

unit 1 painted texture

The bad seams scared me a while, then I realized UDK wasn't using the right mesh file. Put in the painted texture and mostly look okay. Still quite a few seams visible again, not sure why. Maybe a simplified painting will help reduce the visibility of seams? Also really need to redo the gills in the normal map - some are too visible, and some are barely visible. And this is ALL I've been doing everyday for the past month... figuring out how to do things, watching tutorials, and trying to do the things while wondering why things aren't working. It, again, makes me look like I'm not doing anything, when all I do other than work is shower and sleep, and occasionally buying instant food or laundry. Either I have ZERO time management skill, or I'm actually what Uncle says I am - a retard. I really would like to prove that man wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment