Thursday, June 27, 2013

Modelling.

Having no more than a sample .45 colt and a couple of windows under my modelling belt, I set out to conquest organic modelling of a fungi forest. It turned out to be a long, slow trip through mud, monsoon, and mosquito of Vietnam, crawling face-down. Just when I thought I finally got the base mesh right, I had to face down ZBrush with no prior training. Just when I thought I finally finished the normal map sculpt, I found out my second UV set (for light map) vanished from all my .obj's. Just when I thought I knew what to do with the phantom lightmap (re-make, period), I found a GAPING HOLE has somehow, at some point, opened up in the mesh. And I didn't notice until I have OVER-SAVED every obj and ztool there were. *face-twitch*

No comments:

Post a Comment