Sunday, December 30, 2012

CAT essay

The Brief: 1.) Compare and contrast the aesthetic qualities of early animated films from 1920 to 1940s with animated films from 1980 to 2012. Support your claims with relevant examples and citations or references from relevant literature. 2000 words.

I seem to have ambition, but horrible at figuring out how to carry them out. For this essay I thought I'd write about Japanese animation instead of western ones, but can't come up with a decent hypothesis to support with all the material I've gathered so far.


[edit]

So the research and determining which book to grab out of the library before it closes for Christmas was about 4 days. Then I got lazy for the next week or so, just watching anime-I-mean-research, spamming 5 different series. One of them actually was of use to this essay so I won't say all that time was lost. And, hey, it was Christmas break so I can take a break yeah? Alright, after that I spent another 2, 3 days looking through online ebook and ejournal and various online articles. After that it was 4 days of painful writing to finally get a 2000 words essay that kind of supports me thesis.

Conclusion: 2k word essay, almost 2 weeks work doing nothing else but the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment